Wednesday, June 26, 2013

How to sew when you only have 5 minutes....

My girls are dancers.


Dance - unlike other "sports" - doesn't have a season. It's a year round thing - which means when school's out they tend to dance even more than when school's in.

My older daughter started dancing when she was 4. My younger daughter did soccer for years and has only in the last few years turned to dance.

This means they are not in the same classes.

Which means during the summer I drive to the dance studio many .... many ..... MANY times a day!

Which really doesn't leave much time for...well...anything! (please excuse those dust bunnies in the corner..and those dishes in the sink...)

But I'm one of those people who HAS to get their craft on at least every other day otherwise I tend to get very VERY grouchy! And NO ONE wants a grouchy mama!

So when I have extra time I work in batches. I spend one block of time going through my fabric stash and working out what goes with what and stacking them in a pile. Then another block of time cutting out all the planned items.

Then whenever I have just 5 minutes here or there I can sew a seam, or pin, or iron. And so even though I don't have a lot of time I end up feeling quite productive.


And before long I have a bunch of pretty pouches ready to find new homes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment